The First Judicial District Pro Bono Roll of Honor
The First Judicial District recognizes the importance of performing pro bono work in order to ensure justice for the citizens of Philadelphia. It is also important to the First Judicial District to recognize the tremendous effort that many attorneys expend in providing pro bono services to litigants in the Court of Common Pleas or Municipal Court. Consequently, the First Judicial District will publish the Pro Bono Roll of Honor for 2018 and honor those attorneys at a reception on October 24, 2018.
I urge you to submit your name for recognition on the 2018 Pro Bono Roll of Honor, using the attached form. The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- The attorney must practice in Philadelphia County and have provided the pro bono services to a client or client group for a case pending before the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania for the period October 1, 2017 to September 21, 2018;
- The attorney must not be employed by an organization that has, as its primary purpose, the provision of free legal services to the underprivileged;
- The attorney must have (1) provided services to a client or client group who does not have the resources to compensate another attorney for the services, or (2) organized, implemented or managed an initiative to expand pro bono legal services in the courts.
- The attorney does not receive a fee or have any expectation of receiving a fee for the services.
If you or an attorney you know, meet these criteria, please complete the attached form and forward it by September 21, 2018 to Victoria Johnson at email@example.com, by facsimile to 215-686-3748, or mail to Room 336 City Hall, Philadelphia, Pa, 19107.
The Roll of Honor was created under the auspices of the FJD's Pro Bono Committee, which includes members of the bench, bar and pro bono service providers.
Documents in Adobe PDF format.
The latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader software is required to view, print and search PDF documents.
Please download this free software from the Adobe Acrobat Web site.
Please note that the Philadelphia Courts does not provide Technical Support for Acrobat Reader Software. For technical support, please contact Adobe.
- Monday-Friday: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed